This is an active page! My team and I will be adding to it and building it as we go. The following are some of the apps, books, and resources I’ve found useful for supporting this work. Remember, the IEP work is a framework to help us show up better, be more intentional, present, and well-nourished as a human and leader. The framework will often highlight areas we can use more support in. Here are some of my favorite resources. Use them as they resonate for you.
Apps and Tools
- 5 Minute Journal http://www.fiveminutejournal.com/ A journal and app that helps you focus on gratitude and positivity.
- Simpli5® www.simpli5.com On-line tool suite to help you understand how you and your colleagues prefer to get things done, contribute, and communicate.
- 15Five.www.15Five.com Web-based software that makes it easy for you and your team to uncover obstacles, opportunities, and ideas each week.
- Todoist www.todoist.com My favorite “to do” list that my team and I use religiously. I’ve found this helps me keep my mental space clear and on track.
- Leadership & Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box, Arbinger Institute
- The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict, Arbinger Institute
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life, by Byron Katie
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, by Simon Sine
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, by John H. Gottman (great for teams too)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead:
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brene Brown
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink
- Emotional Equations: Simple Steps for Creating Happiness + Success in Business + Life, by Chip Conley
- Wisdom @ Work: The Making of a Modern Elder, by Chip Conley
- The Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Pound a Day, Reclaim Energy and Focus, Upgrade Your Life, by Dave Asprey
- It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways, by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
- The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions—Today, by Julia Ross
- Zingerman’s Guide to Good Leading: A Lapsed Anarchist’s Approach to Building a Great Business (Part 1)… Being a Better Leader (Part 2)… Managing Ourselves (Part 3)… The Power of Beliefs (Part 4) (4-book series), by Ari Weinzweig
- Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow, by Chip Conley
Bodies of work.
- The Arbinger Institute www.arbinger.com
- Byron Katie’s, The Work www.thework.com
- Bulletproof Executive www.bulletproofexec.com
- Whole 30 www.whole30.com
- The Intuitive Journey www.theintuitivejourney.com
- Soul Happy www.soulhappy.life
- PSYCH-K® with Robin Graham www.InnerActiveBeliefs.com (for transforming subconscious beliefs), and PER-K® with Robin Graham www.InnerActiveMindset.com (for activating behavior change for yourself, team and organization)